Apparently my knee injury is a bit more serious than I thought so I will not be working my legs for about a week or two, then I will probably start working them with low weights and high reps for about 2 to 4 weeks to aid recovery and not put too much strain on my knee.
I will take advantage of these weeks to work on a few personal records regarding push ups and to work on my strength with respect to pull ups.
Besides that, I will stretch my hamstrings and quads daily also to aid recovery and also because my hams are really tight.
I will not be taking any protein supplements during these weeks, but I will take others also to aid my recovery:
- Multivitamin – one pill in the morning with my breakfast
- Glucosamine – 3 x 500mg pills throughout the day
- Cod liver oil – 4 x 1000mg pills throughout the day
- Magnesium – one 250mg pill before I go to sleep
- Zinc – one 25mg pill before I go to sleep
- Alfacalcidol – one 0.5μg pill in the morning with my breakfast
All of these are said to aid recovery. I will also be taking calcium and vitamin C from natural sources (dairy products and veggies and fruits high in vitamin C – especially broccoli).
A lot of ice and anti-inflammatory gel also.
I’ll see how things evolve. Hopefully all we be good so I can continue training again.